Pages

I'm not a cookie cutter wife or mom. I make mistakes, but I try to learn from them. I'm not perfect, but I love my life...and isn't that everything?

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

5K all the way!

Just a little update on my "I like to move it" post. I did it! I ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Buffalo, NY. I walked a teeny tiny bit, but I did it!
I have also ran the Moonlight Run and the Run for Hope - both 5Ks. I'm not a speed demon, but my goal is to "just keep moving". If I can do it you can do it. I was literally the LAST runner to cross the finish line at the Run for Hope, but I did it. I'm proud of myself. I have a friend who has really taken the running world by storm and has participated in two half marathons and runs other races regularly. She is awesome! She didn't start out a runner, just decided one day she was fed up with her lack of fitness and got out there and started running!
I haven't lost a ton of weight, but have gained tone and muscle. I see a huge different in my body shape and have gone down a pant size. Since my highest weight after our youngest child, I've lost a total of 15 pounds and feel good about that. I know my body and I tend to weigh more than what is "normal" for my height. I'm good with that.
Our dog and I try to get out for regular runs. He enjoys it as much as I do! I recently found a hands-free running leash by Ollie Dog and it's the greatest accessory yet. If you have a pooch for a running partner, I highly recommend it.
Our next run is coming up soon in November and I can't wait! Just get out there and try! You don't have to run. Walk! Just get out there and move your body any way you can! Your life and health depends on it!
I don't focus on the weight loss, I focus on how I feel. I feel great! I feel strong! I feel powerful!

Isn't that everything?

No comments: