Pages

I'm not a cookie cutter wife or mom. I make mistakes, but I try to learn from them. I'm not perfect, but I love my life...and isn't that everything?

Friday, January 11, 2013

Welcome!

Hello! Well, I've had this blog officially since 2007! (I have hidden impertinent posts now that I am hoping this will catch on). I've recently really enjoyed following some very wonderful blogs (that you can view to the right), and though I'm not in their ranks, I want to give it a whirl.

I'm in my 30s. Married to the love of my life. J & I really are made for each other. We often answer in "surround sound" and then utter an "Ewwww" afterwards. Our house gets a little rambunctious at times with two boys running around. S is 8 about to be 9 next month and C just turned 2. They keep us hopping!

I grew up in a small town, in a close-knit community and wouldn't trade it for the world. Come college years I attended for elementary and Spanish education. I'm currently a TESOL grad student. I'm a certified teacher and have taught grades 1/2, 4 and Spanish K-12!

When it comes to our boys, we did some things differently this time around. S was just lucky to make it out alive. haha! JUST KIDDING! But you grow and educate yourself on more areas of parenting, etc. With C I got a little "crunchy". I never thought that was me! We delayed vac (just spread them out), BF (did with S too), BW, CD, delayed solids and made our own baby food. None of it was nearly as involved or as "hard" as I thought it'd be. I was working at the time C was born and went back to work ~ 12 weeks. Come June my position was cut to part time and we made the decision that my time and energy was best spent with C. I'm back to subbing and at the moment it's good for everyone. We have a wonderful SAHM that watches C and her daughter and he just love each other.

I like fashion (but reasonable fashion), decorating, homes, reading (when I get a chance). I've gotten into cooking a bit, but I have what I call cooking add, because I CANNOT pay attention when I'm cooking! I get distracted and well...there's ruined dinner. I like to have flowers, etc all around in the summer...but as my husband jokes, I have a "gangrene" thumb. Eh well, I still try.

As we go, I welcome questions and comments. Any that aren't appropriate will be removed, as I'd like to keep this an upbeat and positive atmosphere. You will find I will rant, and I will also rave. There's always balance.

And after all...isn't that everything?

~Andrea

No comments: