Pages

I'm not a cookie cutter wife or mom. I make mistakes, but I try to learn from them. I'm not perfect, but I love my life...and isn't that everything?

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Late night musings...

J is snoring, C is asleep for the...3rd time tonight and S is at Grandpa's house! I'm wiiiiide awake. It's okay. It's the only time I get to myself. I just took advantage of this time and painted my nails! Yay!


A college friend of mine is getting married tomorrow and I'm worried about me. How my nails aren't salon done, my hair is NOT cut well or highlighted...and let's not talk about the baby pudge I'm carrying around. However, I have TWO glorious dresses that (hopefully) camouflage the worst of it and I can't choose between the two. I have hot pink shoes and pashmina and a fabulous clutch. Now, I know I will never show up the girls that have no kiddos yet...but ...do they get unlimited kisses and hugs? No. I am blessed.


I am soooo looking forward to eating a hot meal when it's ready and not holding someone because they're crying while attempting to get my food from my plate to my mouth. Which you think is simple. Everyone masters that right? Well, add a 6mo bouncy crying whiny baby who wants that fork to your lap and it's an Olympic sport. I'm a ....silver medalist, working on gold. Usually I give up and end up eating it cold hours later. (So how am I not losing weight?) haha


OOOOOH it's going to be such fun! Countless of us college girls getting back together. Kid free. With an open bar. Hotel room on the property. I hope the husbands are prepared. Lord do I need this and am so excited! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Come Sunday, my head will be killing me, the sun will make me cringe, my feet and back will be screaming, but oooooooh will it be worth it. My girls and me all back together for a glorious night of celebration! Whoo! Oh and celebrating K's marriage of course. ;-)


It makes me reflect on J & mine's marriage and everything we've come through already in 7 years. I won't detail it here...well, because it's private. But it entails ~10 different jobs between the two of us, 2 apt, one house, losing 3 grandparents, going through 2 friends divorces with them, 2 children of our own, nieces and nephews, 3 vehicles (not bad), physical injuries including knee and shoulder surgeries, major financial difficulties and night schooling. There's obv so much more bc you could never just sum up your life like that...however, we've already gone through and overcome a lot that most ppl wouldn't have to go through so soon/quickly in a marriage. And it shows. Looking back at photos of us from the beginning...well, we're just two young bright eyed, pretty good looking, in love people...and now...we look beat. We are beat! But loving each other more every day. He's definitely my compass rose. And I love him.

No comments: